Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Parties, special events, and adventures...oh my

I love parties and special events.  I like them even more when I go somewhere different; somewhere far from home, like a business trip or vacation.  Going out is the first thing I think about when I'm packing my bags and so I often go and browse the web or check my emails for things to do and I create an itinerary of possibilities. 

I always end up checking out unique events that empower me but also allow me to have fun and interact with new people.  I want to learn something while I'm having fun and so when I'm searching for things to do, I look for activities that support my physical, spiritual, and mental health. 

I experienced an adventure in upstate New York somewhere not too long ago.  I conquered my fear of heights (momentarily though - I'm still scared) and jumped off of a 40 foot pole while wearing a harness.  The goal was to reach a trapeze 15 feet away from the pole.  In the moments before I jumped, I contemplated why I was there and what my jump would symbolize in my life:  I jumped because I wanted my son to hear my story and go for his impossible dream.  I jumped because I wanted an amazing romantic relationship and not be afraid to be the woman I could be in order to have one.  I jumped because I wanted to show other women not to give up on themselves; to fight for their dreams.  I did it just because it seemed like fun.  Jumping symbolized reaching for that dream that's just out of reach, but if you try hard enough, you just might make it after all.

3 comments:

  1. Well i just love this post! It's very light and it reminds me of Sunny Days with pretty Blue skies. That was a great accomplishment, conquering your fears helps you appreciate life and make life worth living~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story!! In all the years I have known you I have been watching you jump to bigger and better things. Now as you jump into this current venture and immerse yourself I know you will once again jump into success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @AJ Glad you liked the post. It was a major accomplishment for me and I'm very proud of myself for going through with it. lol.

    @Antx Thank you for supporting me. Let's have lunch at the top.

    ReplyDelete