Friday, April 8, 2011

A Walk in Central Park

Last year, I was asked to do the AIDS walk in Central Park with a former co-worker.  I had no previous experience with this fatal condition and I felt like I wasn’t qualified, if you will, to walk with my new friend and I started to say no.  I went though, because it was about supporting her memory of a loved one.  I donated to the cause and walked with her, her husband, and a mish mash of friends and family.  I made some new acquaintances that day, saw some old friends, got some exercise, and went to a great restaurant afterwards.  I have no idea what thoughts went on in my friend’s head that day, but she asked me again this year and so on Sunday, May 16th, I’ll be walking again in memory of her loved one.

1 comment:

  1. You killed several birds with one stone, i may walk too~

    ReplyDelete